Reversalift® (Advanced Mini-FaceLift)
Reversalift® is part of our FaceSculpt® family of innovative facial rejuvenation procedures created by Dr. Edwin Ishoo. Reversalift® is frequently customized to each patient's needs.
Frequently what ages a face is different for each individual. The three main components of facial aging are:
1) Skin texture which may be damaged due to sun, smoking, hormonal fluctuations, etc.
2) Skin and muscle laxity along the jaw line and neck causing jowling and neck fullness.
3) Loss of mid-face fat volume.
Reversalift® is designed to correct any or all of the components of aging. This is performed by tightening facial and neck muscles, removal of excess neck fat, transplantation of patient's own fat to replace mid-face fat volume and improving texture of the skin and removing fine wrinkles using the
Fraxel re:pair CO2 LASER. The customized combined approach to facial rejuvenation achieves dramatic results without extensive recovery or risk. Reversalift® is a facial sculpting procedure which may also be combined with
eyelift procedures to achieve total facial rejuvenation.
What to Expect from the Reversalift® Procedure
Reversalift® procedure is done under a local anesthetic, combined with mild sedation. The most common problems treated are hanging jowls and sagging necks (turkey neck). Muscles are tightened and excess skin is removed for a natural, youthful appearance of the lower face and neck. Reversalift® can also help improve the folds along side the nose (the nasal labial folds) and severe banding in the neck or fatty tissue under the chin (double chin). The procedure takes about two hours to perform, and the newly enhanced facial features immediately show a dramatic improvement. The results are long lasting and beneficial for up to 10 years.
Recovering From the Reversalift® Procedure
Soft elastic bandages are placed around the treated areas to reduce swelling and promote an easy recovery. These bandages are removed during the first post-procedure appointment. The recovery period following Reversalift® is quick, lasting 7-10 days on average. Minimal discomfort is associated with the Reversalift® procedure, since a lesser amount of tissues are disrupted.
Benefits of the Reversalift® Procedure
1) The Reversalift® procedure is lower in cost than procedures that achieve comparable results, which are generally at least twice as expensive.
2) The Reversalift® is appropriate for individuals from 40-65 years of age, who do not want dramatic changes of a full facelift to their face, so they can choose to improve only the areas that need rejuvenation.
3) The Reversalift® is a one-time procedure with dramatic results lasting on average 10 years, which is yet another way the procedure is cost effective.
4) The Reversalift® recovery period is limited with discomfort which is well controlled on brief use of analgesics, so regular activities and socialization can be resumed in a shorter period of time, whereas most regular facelifts procedures require weeks of downtime.
The Reversalift® surgical risks are low due to the following:
We only treat a few areas of the face, so there is less stress imposed upon the body during healing.
- There is less manipulation of tissue, thus this greatly decreasing the chances of nerve damage and infection.
- The Reversalift® (Advanced Mini-Facelift) is one the least invasive and most effective facial plastics surgeries available today.
If you are interested the Reversalift® procedure, please call us at
to set up a complimentary consultation with Dr. Ishoo to find out more about this innovative facial plastic procedure.