About Dr. Edwin Ishoo
Dr. Edwin Ishoo is a graduate of the University of California at Berkeley and the University of Michigan Medical School. He completed his surgical subspecialty residency training at Boston University and additional fellowship training at The University of Cincinnati.
Dr. Edwin Ishoo is board certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (ABOto), a member of the
American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (AAFPRS), a fellow of the
American Academy of Otolaryngology (OTO-HNS), a fellow of the prestigious
American College of Surgeons (ACS), and a fellow of the
American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS). He has served as faculty at several major universities and taught medical students and doctors. He has authored and contributed to numerous scientific articles and book chapters and has been invited to present at national meetings.
Dr. Edwin Ishoo believes in combining minimally invasive and noninvasive techniques in achieving the optimal cosmetic experience. This includes short procedure time, minimal recovery while avoiding dangerous anesthesia for maximal safety and superior aesthetic outcome. Dr. Ishoo has performed thousands of body contouring and
facial rejuvenation procedures. Based on his expertise in minimally invasive techniques, Dr. Ishoo has developed innovative techniques such as Reversalift® and JuvaSculpt® for facial rejuvenation providing significantly reduced recovery time while maintaining excellent cosmetic results. His extensive hands on experience with
Smartlipo® laser lipolysis and
VASER® Liposelection has enabled him to be on the cutting edge of liposculpture, which makes him stand out among other providers. Dr. Edwin Ishoo's facility,
Boston Cosmetic Surgery Center, has been designated as a clinical Smartlipo® training center for other physicians.
A Consultation with Dr. Edwin Ishoo:
At the consultation appointment, Dr. Ishoo will provide you with information about our procedures and discuss your concerns and objectives. Once you have identified a concern about your body, face, or both, you can expect the following consultation process:
- Dr. Ishoo will review your medical history
- You will identify and discuss your concerns, desires and goals
- Based on your objectives, Dr. Ishoo will determine whether you are a candidate
- All appropriate procedures will be offered and explained in depth
- Procedure setting options will be offered (local, sedation, or general anesthetic)
- Expectations as to results are set
- All of your questions will be answered
- If you decide that the procedure is right for you, you will be given the necessary information to form a treatment plan
Dr. Ishoo takes great pride in his work and is not content until you are satisfied.
The keys to a great result are:
- Informed and educated patient - regarding options, procedures and the process
- Realistic expectations
- Full disclosure
- Patient safety
- Natural look
- A surgeon's good sense of the appropriate aesthetics for each patient
- Impeccable technical skills
- Compliance with all peri-operative instructions and adherence to post-operative care
Click here to visit Dr. Ishoo's profiles on www.realself.com and